[LRflex] Re: Oh yeah... I forgot

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 20:39:31 -0700

Charlie

Well, there were a lot of reasons.

1.        My brother works for Microsoft, so he is always pressuring me to
get the latest and greatest.  And he gives me the stuff for free.

2.       I bought a new computer and it came with Vista installed

3.       Wanted 64 bit to support more memory for using CS4 and merging many
photos as panoramas, extended DOF and HDR, though I have yet to see much
benefit for the latter over RAW.  The Minolta driver doesn't work with XP 4
bit either, I don't think.

4.       The school district was switching to Vista and since I am the tech
person, I needed to have a system that I would become so familiar with I
could help the teachers when they needed help.  I delayed switching from 98
to XP way beyond when my school switched and it was hard to support both
systems.  I finally switched at home in self defense.

Lame, huh..  I do like Windows 7.  Fixes some of the things that just
annoyed me about XP and Vista.

I agree that partition magic is a great product.  Been using it since
version 2?.  Don't need it often, but when you do, it is great.  Don't
partition much anymore since driver are so cheap and systems support
multiple drives so easily.

Aram