[LRflex] Re: Oh yeah... I forgot

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 07:50:18 -0700

At 08:49 AM 3/14/2009, you wrote:
I always thought my results were quite good with my Minolta Scan Dual II.
Since upgrading to Vista, however, I have not been able to use it since the
drivers have never been updated to include Vista.  I am debating the
purchase of a newer scanner, but not sure I want to invest the money,
thought I have thousands of slides that I wouldn't mind working with.  That
also begs the question of time involved.

Aram

Good Morning, Aram!

Another, lower cost, solution is to create a Dual-boot, with a second partition running XP ... and run your scanner from that. I've done that, for years, using a DOS 6.2 partition next to my XP one, in order to run the DOS software from my old store... thus continuing access to the records. You'll need software such as Partition Magic, and, of course, your original XP discs.

Just an idea...