[LRflex] Re: OT: soon in the shops?

  • From: Walter Kramer <walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 05:41:26 +1100

Yes, APS-C

Douglas Sharp wrote:
APS-C format - as in the leica X1 - I assume.

No reason to buy the patent at all. As far as I know, the R-mount patent ran out quite a while ago, as did the M-mount patent (see Konica, Voigtländer and Zeiss-Ikon).

If you look further through the patents, you can find all sorts of things, everything from the Leica R3 to the rubber eyecups of Leica binoculars.

Cheers
Douglas

philippe.amard wrote:

Le 17 déc. 09 à 12:48, Walter Kramer a écrit :

maybe there is an X1 sensor in mind

X1 ? I don't understand what you're refering to, crop factor?

'with new lenses and a mount that will accommodate R system and four thirds lenses with adapters'.

I was wondering also if Pana had not bought the patent for the R mount when Leica discontinued its production and sales - there were earlier rumors that Pana was taking a stake in Leica ...

In any case, after the micro 4/3s, the real surprise would be a Mega 4/3 LoL
Phx

Walter Krämer
walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx