[LRflex] Re: OT: soon in the shops?

  • From: Walter Kramer <walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:48:11 +1100

Indeed ..

However, just because there is a patent does not mean they will follow through. It would only make sense with a four thirds sensor otherwise a new lens line will have to be initiated and the micro four thirds range will not work on this design.

As such we would not have to wait too long methinks as there will be a limited time in which to retain existing four thirds users before they jump ship. A number of them will be content to mount their Pana/Leica/Olympus lenses on the new micro bodies. I have the 25mm Summilux which works fine on the micro G1 although my 14-50mm f2.8 is hopeless to focus manually as it is servo operated and the G1 will not exploit its AF function.

OTOH maybe there is an X1 sensor in mind with new lenses and a mount that will accommodate R system and four thirds lenses with adapters.

Cheers

philippe.amard wrote:
Thanks
see also the reference to a 'continuation' of a 2006 patent (L1(0)?)

Now we'll have to wait

PHx

Le 17 déc. 09 à 11:30, Walter Kramer a écrit :

Maybe I can't see the forest for the trees but on a quick look at the script this looks like a L1/Digilux 3 without the mirror flipping problems in live view while retaining an optical VF. No idea what size the sensor would be. I've quoted from the text below, check "Summary of the Invention"

It's fun to speculate, eg .. Anyone who can make sense of this is welcome at my table.

"This application is a continuation of U.S. application Ser. No. 11/567,076, filed Dec. 5, 2006, which application is incorporated herein by reference."

"1. Field of the Invention

The present invention relates to a digital camera. In particular, the present invention relates to a digital camera having a movable mirror, which enables a subject image to be observed through an electronic viewfinder.

2. Description of Related Art

A digital single-lens reflex camera has an electronic viewfinder and an optical viewfinder, so that a subject image formed by an image pickup optical system is switched with a movable mirror, and can be observed through the optical viewfinder. Because of this, displacement does not occur between a subject image in a recording image and a subject image displayed with the optical viewfinder, whereby an image pickup manipulation can be performed satisfactorily.

However, the digital single-lens reflex camera needs to switch the movable mirror in accordance with an operation state. This requires a user's manual manipulation, and a time therefor needs to be kept. Particularly, in a camera with a “live view mode” in which an image generated by an image pickup element is displayed on a display portion in real time, the movable mirror needs to be switched frequently in accordance with an autofocus operation, a diaphragm adjustment operation, and an image pickup operation.

A digital single-lens reflex camera with a live view mode is disclosed by, for example, Patent Document 1 (JP 2001-272593 A).

However, in the digital single-lens reflex camera disclosed by Patent Document 1, the operability involved in switching of the movable mirror is not improved sufficiently. Therefore, even if the live view mode is set to be executable, it is difficult for a user to use it, and consequently, the user captures an image while observing it with the optical viewfinder.

SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION

The object of the present invention is to provide a digital camera with operability thereof enhanced, which includes a movable mirror and is capable of displaying a subject image in a live view through an electronic viewfinder."

--
Walter Krämer
walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx