[LRflex] Re: No R solution

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 07:50:30 -0700

Yep.  I am about to give up.  I at least expected a word or two of
information, a "we are still working on it" or " It will never happen" would
have helped.  So, decision time.  Stick with Canon and upgrade to a 7d and
live with the metering problem.  I have bought a few canon mount lenses that
I then could still use.  Get rid of my R8 that has not seen use in two
years, then convert my lenses to Nikon, and convert my existing Canon to IR
and use the few Canon lenses that way?  Wait a bit more to see what the new
Sigma can do, convert it to Leica mount if possible and then buy more Leica
glass to fill in what I use the Canon glass for now.  That method would seem
to eliminate any autofocus from my abilities.

Aram