[LRflex] Re: No R solution

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 09:09:29 -0700

On Sep 23, 2010, at 3:17 AM, Doug Herr wrote:

> Photokina isn't gone yet.  Leica's management is meeting with several of the
> l-camera-forum customers on Saturday, where one of the biggest questions is
> expected to be "What about R?".  Stay tuned.

It is now 9:00 a.m. here in California and 6:00 p.m. in Cologne on Saturday,
September 25, and I have found no word on the Internet about the "adequate
solution" for R lens users that Leica sort of "promised," but I am "still
tuned."

A word dropped in a chat over dinner with someone from Leica is now my only
hope, and it is fading fast.

Being "stood up," or "jilted," which are American idioms for having a date who
does not show up at the appointed place and time, is a very damaging way to end
a relationship, if that is what Leica intends to do.

I'm certain that a little clarity on this issue would be appreciated by many of
us.

All the best,

Bill