[LRflex] Re: NY Auto Show

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 21:42:47 -0800

Jeff,

Here are some ideas:

Can you do dry run at a friendly auto dealer before you go, to get an idea of
lenses you might like to have?

From what I have seen in Autoweek the auto shows are very well lighted but I
have never shot pictures at one so I I am only guessing that you will have
plenty of light. Your library will have auto magazines with show pictures
somewhere in them.

Go to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_International_Auto_Show

and look at the pictures made at the 2009 NYC Auto Show. The show area seems to
be as bright as day and there are many pictures that do not show any indication
of flash.

Finally, you may be able to contact one of the photographers that shot the 2009
show and have pictures on the wikipedia website. You could explain to him or
her that you are an amateur coming a long distance to the show, and ask about
the light at the site. It might work. Or call a camera store near the NYC show
site and get their opinion.

Good luck,

Bill