[LRflex] NY Auto Show

  • From: "Jeffrey L. T. Gluck" <jgluckphoto66@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 23:20:46 -0500

I will be attending the auto show in NYC the beginning of April. I'm
deciding on a film and am wondering if an 800-speed colour print
emulsion would be fast enough for available light. I'd prefer not take a
flash, but if necessary, will. I have half a brick of Kodak Portra 800
in the freezer that I rarely touch; maybe this is a time to use it?

I'm thinking my choice of lens should be, at a minimum, a 28/2
Summicron. I'd prefer to travel light; I don't want to be lugging a
shoulder bag with a bunch of primes along on account of a bad back. I
have never photographed cars indoors before, only antique cars in an
outdoor setting in diffused sunlight, and then I used K64.

Jeff Gluck