[LRflex] Re: Leica lens on Olympus adapters - revisited.

  • From: "Neil Gould" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 05:38:27 -0500

Hi David,

> Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 15:29:06 -0700
> From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> All:
>
> Some while back, there was a discussion, on this forum, about the
> infinity focus problems with some Leica lenses when used with the
> Chinese Leica to 4/3rds adapters containing the Focus Confirmation
> chips.
>
> I have expanded on this theme, creating a new page which also
> includes known problems with the Russian-made Dandelion chip, as well.
>
> For those who own, or who are thinking of purchasing an Olympus E3 to
> back their Leica glass, may find this page most interesting.  For
> others it will merely be a curiosity.
>
> Either way, it's available at:
> http://www.main.furnfeather.net/Links/OFC-1.htm
>
> Cheers!
> ---
>
> David Young,
> Logan Lake, CANADA

Even though I don't have a 4/3 camera, I greatly appreciate the effort
that you put forth to analyze this Dandelion adapter and identify the
problems associated with using adapters for Leica lenses on these bodies.
Perhaps Leica's best hope for competing in the digital arena is to provide
a compatible body (R10). But, it does make one wonder why they haven't
considered providing such compatibility via an adapter for their Digilux
3. I would think it better to sell that combination than to hand it all
over to the competition.

Thanks for your work on this!

Best,

Neil