[LRflex] Re: [LRflex] RE: [LRflex] IMGs: Letting go of "back in the day"…

  • From: George Lottermoser <imagist3@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 14:59:01 -0500

On Oct 11, 2011, at 2:22 AM, Herman Kempers wrote:

> Touched by your photographs and memories.
>
> I know what it is. I've done the same.

Thanks Herman.
I know that many have previously walked this
the path I'm now on.

> Digital camera's and workflow really brought me a lot of good things, but I
> would not mind if it was not invented and i should be  working as back in the
> 60/70/80's

Agreed.
There certainly was a much clearer divide
between the serious "pro"
and the wannabes then.

> I started up digital photography early  90's  (with the Kodak DCS 420, still
> have it, still works....) but I still kept on working on MF,  4x5" and
> Polaroid for a few years.(for assignments)

Same here.
Didn't really totally let go of the film work flow for professional work until
2004.
That's when all the pro labs started closing and/or doing lousy work with our
film.

> Nowadays I am happy that I work with the photo students on film in their
> first year.

I really miss teaching.
Even more than I miss film, india ink and illustration board, air brushes, etc.

> So, every year I still have that feeling of 'Back in the Day' and I can tell
> stories like a Granddad.....

You're a lucky man
to still have the students in your life.

They'll keep you young and challenged.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@xxxxxxxxxxx