[LRflex] RE: [LRflex] IMGs: Letting go of "back in the day"…

  • From: Herman Kempers <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:22:41 +0200

Dear George,

Touched by your photographs and memories.

I know what it is. I've done the same.

Digital camera's and workflow really brought me a lot of good things, but I
would not mind if it was not invented and i should be  working as back in the
60/70/80's

I started up digital photography early  90's  (with the Kodak DCS 420, still
have it, still works....) but I still kept on working on MF,  4x5" and Polaroid
for a few years.(for assignments)

Nowadays I am happy that I work with the photo students on film in their first
year.

B&W with MF H'blad, slide 4x5" , all in the studio.

Location work they can choose to work analogue 35 mm or digital.

B&W negatives are printed by themselves in the darkroom, wich gives them  a
magic moment they will never forget. (so they all  tell me later...)

So, every year I still have that feeling of 'Back in the Day' and I can tell
stories like a Granddad.....

best regards

Herman