[LRFlex] Re: Introduction (jw)

  • From: Julian W <julianw123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Leicareflex Forum <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 02:00:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi David,

Thank you for the welcome.

It good to be on board. Regarding the website .. to be
quite honest I 'cheated' a little when creating the
website. I used a software called 'Coppermine' and
made that as my 'cockpit' programme. That way I can
upload pictures as easy as any other commercial
website. You know, with work and all that, I don't
have too much time to create new WebPages ... So I
resorted to the 'lazy' way. heh! heh!

As for the website, actually I am not a Brit. I just
used the UK web address, because it was the cheapest
URL to get at that time - when I was in the
'experimental stage' to set up my own website. And it
stuck. I am originally from Malaysia, living in
Singapore, now temporary posted to Sweden. :-)

Thank you for the comments on the pictures.

I liked the pictures on your website - Faces of
Thailand.
http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/thailand.htm

I have been to Bangkok, but always had the hesitation
of taking these close up of the faces of the people of
Thailand. You did a very nice job of capturing those
expressions.

And one photo that I have noticed (in the silence -
before this introduction), is the photo of titled
'Grandfather' taken in Japan. To me, it captured the
moment so beautifully - so aptly entitled
'Grandfather'.

Cheers,
Julian

p/s I just purchased a 90mm f2.8 from eBay. Waiting
the shipment from Canada ... very excited about it.

>LRFlex] Re: Introduction
>From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:37:47 -0700
>At Thursday, you wrote:
>

>Hi Julian! Welcome! :)
>
>I've been peeking at your site.. nicely laid out and
nice work! Good on ya!

>From your UK web address, I'm assuming you're a
ex-pat Brit.  Yes?

>Good to have you 'on board'. Thanks for posting the
intro... perhaps we can convince a few more lurkers to
'join' us! :)

>BTW: as I said, nice work. I particularly liked the
Monastery in France, both for it's composition and
lighting. Well done! :)