[LRFlex] Re: Welcome, Peter!

  • From: "Peter M.C. Werner" <pwerner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 23:12:44 +0200

Hi David,

Thank you for your warm welcome!

> though when I look for Orchid or Bird photos
> that you took, I don't seem to be able to find any !

There are a few, not many, for instance on

http://www.birds.mu/Endemic/MauritiusFody.htm
http://www.birds.mu/Endemic/EchoParakeet.htm
http://www.encyclopedia.mu/Nature/Fauna/Birds/Endemic/PinkPigeon.htm

In http://www.orchids.mu/, the opening screen, the Phalaenopsis, is also
mine. In the web sites, my aim is to document and the pictures are
usually not the best photographically, but those that best illustrate
the topic.

> Just links to sites in Mauritius. An I getting lost?

They are my own sites:

www.birds.mu
www.encyclopedia.mu
www.oldmaps.mu
www.kreol.mu
www.sega.mu
www.stampsmauritius.com
www.alpareflex.com
www.kilfitt.org

> Post some of your better
> stuff
> and give us the URLs.

Right now, I am very busy professionally and I can hardly spare the time
to put order in my pictures and publish them.

I will try to spare some time for posting a few. Until now, I was not
motivated to show them outside the circle of family and friends.

I had a look at your site and liked specially your wildlife photos. The
Canada Goose is outstanding.

> Anyway, it sounds as if you have a good start in Alpas, and now a good
> start in Leica 'R' as well.

I started with a Brownie I bought from pocket money, but soon after at
age 14 I received a Leica IIIb with an Elmar 3.5/50 for Christmas. I
made some good pictures with this camera, including already my fathers'
orchids. Orchid growing is a hereditary illness in our family.
Incredible that one could achieve good macro results with the NOOKY and
the standard Elmar.

Later I changed to Exacta as my first SLR camera. The Exacta equipment
was stolen and I used the insurance money to buy an Alpa Reflex 6c. I
did not keep it for long; at that time, the lenses were too expensive
for me and I switched to a Nikon F.

"On revient toujours à ses premiers amours" and now I am back in the
Leica "family".

Peter M.C. Werner       http://www.werner.mu
Rue de l'Etraz 2 - 1183 Bursins - Switzerland
Tel +41-21-824-3615