[LRflex] Re: Impression of a Berlage app.

  • From: <linda.vermeiren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 22:58:32 +0100

Thanks

Linda
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: William B. Abbott III
  To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:01 PM
  Subject: [LRflex] Re: Impression of a Berlage app.

  Linda,

  Go to

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_distortion

  to see barrel and pincushion distortion. Wikipedia is available in many
languages so you can take your choice; I only have English.

  Barrel distortion shows up mostly in wide angle lenses which I assume you had
to use because of the tight space in the flat. One solution would be two shots
with a longer focal length lens and then stitching the images together in
Photoshop, i.e., make a panorama of an interior.

  And my solution to camera tilt is a tripod and a spirit level fixed to the
camera to make sure it is level to begin with or, again, a correction of the
perspective in Photoshop, which works very well for small tilts.

  Good luck!

  Bill

  On Nov 26, 2008, at 7:21 AM, <linda.vermeiren@xxxxxxxxxx>
<linda.vermeiren@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Dear William and Chris,

    What is in English a "barrel" distortion...

    A lens distortion .... but what exactly  (in Dutch "een vat")

    Like a barrel of wine...

    beer...

    I tried to correct the perspective in nr/ 3

    What about 5 ....?

    Maybe Philippe can tell me what to use in photoshop...

    Yours sincerely

    Linda