[LRflex] Re: IMGs: PAWs 5 & 6 - Phx - Bill

  • From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 23:52:14 +0100

Le 14 févr. 11 à 23:21, William B. Abbott III a écrit :

> On Feb 14, 2011, at 1:35 PM, philippe.amard wrote:
>
>> My tip : Keep your DMR,
>
> Philippe,
>
> Thanks, it is funny (as in "strange," not "ha ha") that you should
> say that because I have been toying with that same idea.
>
> Why would I want to replace the R9/DMR? Who says I can't keep it and
> add on what I want now, something lighter, a more portable reflex
> camera?

Why reflex if you've got the R8 &DMR?

> I can put both to good use.
>
> Lately I've been perusing the ads for used Olympus E-3s (based on
> David's and Gary Todoroff's experience) and E-4s and maybe a used
> Pannie.

My L1 fares better in WB and ergonomics than the D700 - Hi ISO and VF
excepted, there's no point comparing them ...

> The new Leica V-Lux-2 seems to be a very nice replacement for 75-80%
> of what I used an Leica R for so I have to go look at it too.

why Leica when the Panas cousins are cheaper ... and identical,
whatever Solms claims?

> I am ready to do as you suggest: keep the DMR and the suite of
> lenses I have and never look back. Perhaps that is my Valentine's
> Day present to myself!

Happy Valentine then Bill :-)

> After all, as Joseph Roulin, Vincent Van Gogh's mailman once wrote
> to him, based on his experience delivering the mail, "No one knows
> what will happen tomorrow," especially with Leica.
>
> I appreciate your candor and suggestion.

are we not all on the same fragile drifting boat here?

Bien amicalement
Philippe