[LRflex] Re: IMGs: PAWs 5 & 6 - Phx - Bill

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 14:21:37 -0800

On Feb 14, 2011, at 1:35 PM, philippe.amard wrote:

> My tip : Keep your DMR,

Philippe,

Thanks, it is funny (as in "strange," not "ha ha") that you should say that
because I have been toying with that same idea.

Why would I want to replace the R9/DMR? Who says I can't keep it and add on
what I want now, something lighter, a more portable reflex camera? I can put
both to good use.

Lately I've been perusing the ads for used Olympus E-3s (based on David's and
Gary Todoroff's experience) and E-4s and maybe a used Pannie. The new Leica
V-Lux-2 seems to be a very nice replacement for 75-80% of what I used an Leica
R for so I have to go look at it too.

I am ready to do as you suggest: keep the DMR and the suite of lenses I have
and never look back. Perhaps that is my Valentine's Day present to myself!

After all, as Joseph Roulin, Vincent Van Gogh's mailman once wrote to him,
based on his experience delivering the mail, "No one knows what will happen
tomorrow," especially with Leica.

I appreciate your candor and suggestion.

All the best,

Bill