[LRflex] Re: IMG: PAW 10 - Phx - Cocooning

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 15:38:17 -0800

Steve wrote:

I am surprised it came through to you David unstripped...I thought it
would be stripped to the list, but would get directly to Philippe
intact,

I'm sorry,

Hi Steve!

We'll forgive you!   :-)

But, you are right, attachments should be stripped, by Freelists, but it is not always happening. (Don't know why.)

So we always ask that all list members do not attach photos (or anything else) to their posts, but post them elsewhere and send us the URLs. First of all, it prevents the transmission of viruses and, secondly, as this is a world-wide list, it means that those on dial-up (who often must pay by the minute for their local phone service as well as their ISP costs) are not forced to download something they might otherwise not.