[LRflex] Getting used to the M6

  • From: Walter Kramer <walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:09:23 +1100

A few months ago I bought an M6 'Classic 0.72.'  I also purchased a 50mm
DR cron and a 90mm cron.  People will be aware that this represents not
an inconsiderable investment.  I was becoming discourage as I seemed
unable to get many results I liked, maybe one or two here or there out
of an entire roll.  I was cursing that relatively small finder,
especially the little frame line area for the 90mm and the even smaller
focus patch.  Compared to an SLR finder you have to be joking.  In spite
of the small size and quiet operation of the camera I was wondering what
the fuss is about and whether it's just mystique.

I know this is an R group but I thought it might be a good thing to
share the experience.  In my frustration I decided to shoot as if the
beast was just an ordinary camera and try to capture as best I could
given the way a fully manual rangefinder works.  I received a few roles
from the lab today.

The following are all shot with the 90mm cron and Kodak Ektar 100.  The
lens is superb and the Ektar is up to the challenge.   For those
interested I added a bit of contrast to all these shots however little
was required, and some highlights were brought back a notch to gain a
little more back ground detail.

Not great pictures but I'm happier now.  Did someone mention that they
like bicycles?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25126059@N02/4362197020/sizes/l/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25126059@N02/4362198214/sizes/l/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25126059@N02/4362197618/sizes/l/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25126059@N02/4361458059/sizes/l/

And one similar to yesterdays post but with film this time:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25126059@N02/4361460851/sizes/l/

--
Walter Krämer
walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx