[LRflex] Re: First Leica Shooting Experience!

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 13:10:16 -0400

Richard Ward wrote:
From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 12:34:13 PM
Subject: [LRflex] Re: First Leica Shooting Experience!

Richard Ward wrote:
Hi Charlie,
   I very much 'knew' they were high performance beasts of lenses, but exactly like your sig line says - One Test is Worth a 1000 Opinions. There is nothing like the emotionally and intellectually enriching experience of actually putting one of these lenses to use. Simply buying into the words or images from someone else doesn't reach into your spirit or your soul in the same manner as seeing or watching those lenses affect the images you make yourself.

Yeah Yeah - I know, I'm preaching to the choir here. LOL

To use an analogy you might like Charlie - The Step Up from my Zeiss Pancolar to the Summicron/Elmarits was like going from a P-51 Mustang to a F-18 Hornet. They're both special stuff, but one brings a whole lot more to the flying game :-).

Richard
Richard,
   All true, I still use my IIIf once in a while. :-)
BTW you can buy a ride in a P-51, for rather less than an M-9.

--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
  one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein