[LRflex] Re: First Leica Shooting Experience!

  • From: Philippe Amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 07:00:17 +0200

Yes Leica made lenses for Dslr's - unfortunately discontinued - which outpass so many.

Keep clicking and sharing
Thanks for the pictures I liked them
Philippe

Richard Ward wrote:

Hello Group,
I joined this group a few months ago as a "Fan" of Leica Equipment, but hadn't yet found a way to acquire a R lens or two to get my feet wet using them personally. Well I had the incredibly good fortune to acquire a Summicron 50mm f2 and an Elmarit 90mm f2.8 from a SuperDuper List Member and now I finally have had the opportunity to go shoot something besides things laying around the living room! I have put together a Set on Flickr of a few of my favorites from that day. The Link is "http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeissfan/sets/72157622324552317/";. I'm still pushing through the Raw's and Jpeg's due to some computer issues I am having reccurent problems with, but I must say that the stunning files I got from the Summicron and the Elmarit make my Digital Darkroom work a drop dead easy experience now. The ONLY flaws in any of the images are entirely due to either my focusing misses, handheld blurriness blues, or compositional / content failures. My Tamron Zoom, my EOS wide zoom, and even my Zeiss Pancolar universally required extensive Curve Manipulations, Levels Fiddling, and UnsharpMasking to a fair thee well - less usm'ing on the zeiss's I must admit! The Leica's Utterly STUNNED ME with how they held the jet black Lighthouse Top with incredible detail and utter Blackness along with controlling the bright white window frames and glaringly bright nylon flags. WOW! There is a 'so-so' image of the lighthouse curator's cat sunning himself that was shot with the sun just off frame that didn't flare at all AT ALL and is sharp and wonderful (just not artistically so). I uploaded 'full resolution' files to Flickr, but they unfortunately ended up being down sampled from the full output of my EOS 20D. To compensate I did some 100% 1:1 resolution crops and posted them in the set too. I also want to note that all I really did in RAW processing was tweak the exposure compensation around some. When I saw even on my cameras dinky lcd how incredible shadows and highlights were being controlled, I got a little overexcited and didn't mind my technique as well as I ought to have in my rush to take oodles of pictures with my new toys. Richard Ward