[LRflex] Re: DMR Reset

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 13:24:17 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,
   to inquire on a might be obvious point, but what the heck I'll ask anyway!
:-)
Does the DMR have a secondary 'battery' for preserving settings, dates, times,
etc?

If the answer is yes, maybe the symptoms being described are caused by that
battery having died.

Almost every Digital Camera and even some film cameras (iirc) sport a 'main'
Rechargeable or Lithium type Battery along with a 'backup' lithium watch type
battery for preserving camera settings when the camera is off or the main
battery is dead. It's analogous to the little batteries computer motherboards
have to preserve settings and such when main power is disconnected.

Richard in Michigan

[---Insert Irony Here---]