[LRflex] Re: DMR EV problem

  • From: "Fred Hess / Phenix Visuals NL" <fredhess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:52:38 +0100

Hello Bill,

> Thanks. No, the camera is definitely *on,* freshly switched on, as
> evidenced by the fact that after the first image is taken with an EV
> number entered and displayed, additional images can be made, but
> access to EV settings cannot be accomplished nor is there any
> indication of EV following those two letters.
>
> It is then not plain whether any EV adjustment is in effect. If I
> then turn off the camera, and turn it back on, the previously set EV
> adjustment does appear, and can be adjusted, but the indication and
> ability to change it only lasts for one more exposure.

How do you switch off your camera: with the on/off buttom on the DM-R
or on top of the camera? Or are only the camera-electronics turned
off by the camera itself after a few seconds/minutes? This auto-off-
function
seems to create your 'problem' to my opinion. I have checked this on
my R8/DM-R and it acts like your R9/DM-R. Just touch one of your 3
release-buttons
and the camera-electronics are switched on and the EV functions work OK.!

> It is as if the EV setting lever, and the EV setting indication
> (+0.5, -1.0, etc., not the letters EV), becomes non-functional after
> the first exposure after turn on.
>
> There has been another strange behavior as well: with the camera
> turned off, the LCD display stays on.

How is it turned off now? Which button or dial?

> Popping the battery out and
> reinserting it seems to clear what ever ails the camera. I fear I am
> seeing signs of senility in my R9, forgetting what it is supposed to
> be doing!
>
> Last night I remembered that some time ago many ills were attributed
> to poor electrical connection between the DMR and the camera; I'll
> explore that today, as well as have a heart to heart talk with my
> dealer.

Kind regards,

Fred Hess.