[LRFlex] Re: Canon Exposure Problems with Third Party Lenses

  • From: Bob Palmieri <rpalmier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 11:10:18 -0500

On Aug 1, 2005, at 10:28 AM, Ted Grant wrote:

So maybe it's the photographer holding the camera that's the problem and not the camera at all. ;-) :-) :-) :-)

Ted -

Or maybe it really IS the camera.:-) :-):-):-):-) (See forwarded posting from Digital Journalist.)

And regarding this statement:

"...as long as they look good to your eye, why the hell screw around doing tests. And if one is having a major problem just take the camera back and get it changed!"

Some of my snaps were looking overexposed to my eye. In many cases, I think well-exposed pictures of the same subject look better.
And one of the very good reasons for chasing down the facts in this case is that it proved that changing the camera wouldn't have done a thing.

Regarding your ever-popular "...KISS and life is simple!" I couldn't agree more. That's why I'm passing around this information, so that those who care can get better pictures more often without the extra effort involved in external meters and the like.