[LRflex] Re: Burma

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 11:09:45 -0700

Hi Howard!

I've often thought of going to Burma. It's been a toss-up between Burma and
Vietnam/Laos.  Now that the military dictatorship of the last 60+ years is
ending - and having seen your photos, we just might make it Burma!

1) Love the sunrise with the balloon. Great shot!

2) Esther may have had her spires lined up, but I prefer your sunset shot, with
the actual sun in the photo.  Is the lens you used, particularly resistant to
flare?  Or, did the haze from the fires (which fires?) solve the problem for
you?

3) Soemoo looks like a delightful chap! Was his English good enough for decent
communications ... or do you speak Burmese, too?

I can't wait to see more!

David.