[LRFlex] Re: Back to the sleepless head-scratching mode

  • From: "David Young" <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:10:28 -0700

Hi Art!

I did as you suggest, when I duplicated Bob's test, earlier today.  When the
exposure was correct, I got grey for the white.. indicating the metering was
right on.  However, as I stopped down, metering at each step... er stop.. the
images got consistently darker.  As the shutter speed changed with the
different stops, the end photos should all have been the same shade of grey...
but that didn't happen.

More curious is that, to me, this would indicate under exposure, yet Bob is
complaining of over exposure.

What I do know, is that in non-test conditions, I've never had a problem with
the Canon's metering... but then I mostly use it at f4 through f8 - nothing
smaller.

Cheers!

David.

-------------------------------------
On 31/07/2005 at 10:22 PM NATSTEK@xxxxxxx wrote:
Guy's,

I started out with my R7 doing the same thing when I used a bellows II & viso
heads with the 14167 adapter.

Make sure that you're in aperture priority AE and focus wide open, then stop
down to the taking aperture and look at the display in the finder just to make
sure that all is OK. you still must realize that the meters still consider
everything as 18% gray, so you may have to dial in some exposure compensation.

Art Tafil
natstek@xxxxxxx

David Young,
Logan Lake, BC