[LRFlex] Re: Am I a fool?

  • From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 19:24:35 -0800

The "pro" shop near San Francisco that I patronize has MF and 35mm film
cameras for sale at low prices. The exception is the Leica M series. They
have a few M6s for 1400 dollars. These are consingment cameras that the
owners have so much invested  in that they will not negotiate prices.

I have seen the "value" of my M3 decline by one third but the M6 has gone
up. I have to remind myself I bought the Leica for the quality it represents
and that quality remains. I didn't buy it for an investment.
Bill Lawlor

    www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm