[LRFlex] Re: Am I a fool?

  • From: Jim Hemenway <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 10:10:16 -0500

Art:

I chose it for the glass.

Jim

NATSTEK@xxxxxxx wrote:
David,
I travel extensively on business and I've found that for the most part, Leica "R" equipment does not hold a good resale value except in a very few geographical markets.
The bodies are considered archaic in features by most consumers, who, if you look closely at them and truly querry them on their reasoning, cite "lack of user friendly features" as the reason for not buying Leica. Another reason is the exhorbitantly high initial prices for the equipment.
To those of us who like to "be an active part of the photographic process", this is the reason we choose Leica "R & M" equipment.
Just an observation.
Art Tafil