[LRflex] Re: After much consideration...

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 19:09:00 -0700

On Apr 22, 2009, at 7:58 AM, David Young wrote:

Fellow Flexers...

I have debated showing this picture... it was one of the last from the Deadmans Creek Rodeo, and it plagued with all sorts of technical problems. The light is poor, as it was very late in the day, but things were made worse by the fact that there was so much dust on my lens that contrast was reduced to almost nothing. As a result, I had to play with the curves to the point where the shadows blocked up, in order to get anything remotely looking like a decent shot.

Throw in a background that's far too busy, and you have a recipe for photographic disaster.

So, why show the shot at all?

Simply because of the bull. He was the nastiest bull I've ever seen. He threw his rider in a way that I've never seen (see the picture!) and then attacked first one bull-fighter, then chased the other out of the arena!

But, it's the spectacular dismount, that saves this shot from the trash.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/DCR-SideDoor2.htm

two choices, with all that either don't show it, or show it without all that....

great shot, my advice...just show it,

Steve

C&C welcomed, as always.

David Young