[LRflex] 400 000 liters for only 24 Ox Power!

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 10:31:56 +0200

Good Day Flexers,

"Oh no, not again", will say Richard and Bill.

You are right, I'll behave, let me present the barrel built for the int'l trade
fair of Paris in 1889, a contemporary of the Eiffel Tower:

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/P1010262_dev.jpg

Brought to Paris by 24 Oxes, some houses had to be "cut away" to let it pass.

And because we speak of Champagne, a nice visit to part of the 18kms long (11
miles) caves all decorated:

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/P1010283_dev.jpg

Both pictures taken with a Leica Glass, compact LX3, amazingly able to capture
an image in the almost darkness.

Of course, it's grainy but in my memory, I have never been able to have such a
picture with a film camera: imagine you are seated in a small bumpy electrical
train, moving through the tunnels in the dark with a whiff of old wine....

Bottom up, Flexers!