[LRflex] Re: 1917 + the new Leicas ...

  • From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 10:39:10 +0200

Le 18 sept. 12 à 09:31, Bille Xavier F. a écrit :

Salut Philippe, messieurs les Flexers

A very nice collection !

And indeed, a good chance to visit the east of France while still sitting on my butt by the Marne River.

For US listers, Verdun, another place that paid the high tribute in the Great War is located in the "departement" (er, county) of "Marne", the same river flows upstream.

From all the pictures, this one made me smile:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Doulce+France/Metz/MSM-MTZ-1038.jpg.html

It's a must have in all pubs where beer (much more than a breakfast drink...) flows in.

It's sort of funny they exhibit such a piece of furniture, under a glass dome, in the middle of the room.

Thanks Xavier :-)
The glass case is meant to prevent people from fizzily adding to its artistic value ...
More on Duchamp's Fountain including a photograph by Stieglitz, eh oui!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_(Duchamp)

Superb framing, I keep telling you every time but it's so true as seen from my eye.

Ah, Girls and Motorbikes, Alice and Motobecane good use of a wide angle :

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Doulce+France/Metz/MSM-MTZ-1034.jpg.html

I see your shadow, kneeling, just near the top of the front wheel, with your shulder bag on the left side.....

I'm so sad they had cleaned the windows ;-)

OTT there are 2 - read TWO - new Leicas out there.
One of which claims to be "the adequate solution for R users" but is no more than a PanaOly sort of contraption that would rank high in Heath Robinson's complete works. The add-on EVF is a joke - and the adaptor offers no AE for all I know, etc. Have any of their brilliant engineers ever used an R, or had a look at the glorious VF of a Leicaflex? I'm still wondering.

AMitiés
Philippe, R9 Dieselless

Thanks !!!
From : Xavier F. BILLE