[LRflex] What happens to a B&W image when HDR is applied?

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 10:50:50 +0200

Good Day Flexers. Most of my B&W images are rather dull, sort of low key style,
some may strike out the word "key", ahem :) The following are manipulations
under Silkypix 5, my only and favorite for the DigiluX 3: Here it goes:
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/L1000893_dev.jpg And what I've done on raw
file:a) white balance, camera settingsb) exposure, mostly camera setting, a
little less.c) monochrome conversiond) strongest contraste) HDR cursor, a good
table spoon.f) a pinch of Neat Noise HDR is High Dynamic Range, a "new" feature
added to V5 of Silkypix. This image, for me, could have been made in the era of
film with a ILFORD XP2 400 Iso, this b&w processed in C41.  Any one used that
film? The "negas" were fragile, easily scratched out :) Parameters are 1600
ISO, oly glass 22mm, f3.5, from a camera of 5years old, Ayda reclining in front
of an Iranian movie looks odd, the slow speed did not match here eyes moving. I
feel like the "neat noise" is blurring some details, however, this is an image
at high ISO, with less information.... It's a whole new route to explore. It
seems that increasing the dynamic range might work in some type of scenes,
hmmmm? Salt, pepper, comments are welcome
From : Xavier F. BILLE
mail : hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx
Maisons Alfort - France