Re: the traitors in our midst

  • From: Mark Bohrer <lurchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:30:00 -0800

Now I don't wonder why people don't run for office or manage email lists... ;)

At 09:19 PM 3/30/2004 -0500, you wrote:

The problem is that many people (including myself) were subscribed for web
only viewing.  I never wanted the postings showing up in my inbox.  And to
be honest, I had completely forgotten about the Topica list.

There was no introductory notice, just a bunch of emails (and most from one
angry guy) out of the blue, from an address I had never heard of.
Initially there was no way I could connect the emails to the former Topica
list I had joined years ago.

Only when I saw Roger's name on some of them did it dawn on me that this
and the Topica list were one and the same.

Perhaps a better way to handle it would be to make a mass emailing to all
of the subscribers to the old Topica list, describing the situation, and
offering information about subscribing to the new list.   But keep
everyone's name off the new list until they actually subscribe themselves.

By the way, is it possible to subscribe to web viewing only?

-dan c.

At 09:04 PM 30-03-04 -0500, Greg Wieting wrote:
>I think the frustration is due to the sheer volume of emails everyone
>is recieving by surprise. I have counted 40 emails from this list
>myself today. That is quite a lot. It doesn't help when the moderators
>act w
[snip]
To Unsubscribe: send email to leica-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging in to the Web interface.

Mark Bohrer
www.mountain-and-desert.com
Adventure travel and wildlife photography