RE: the traitors in our midst

  • From: Mark Bohrer <lurchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:18:53 -0800

Jeffery:
I know it doesn't help this time, but I always insist on FedEx shipping with insurance for anything I buy on ebay. And I always ship via FedEx to folks who buy from me. USPS lost a 17mm Tokina lens I sold and returned the shredded box I shipped it in, then found the lens and sent it back to me after I sent a scathing letter detailing how I'd followed all their packing requirements. I lost that sale, but resold it to a different buyer... and shipped via FedEx.

I don't trust UPS either, but I suspect New Orleans UPS will find that M6 as they're better at finding things than USPS. And hopefully it's insured if they don't. Hang in there and keep hounding them.

At 07:26 PM 3/30/2004 -0600, you wrote:

If this is the worst thing that has ever happened to them, then it
confirms my suspicions that Leica-users are a terribly oversheltered and
priviledged group.

The new-in-box black M6 that I bought on ebay that was supposed to
arrive on my doorstep yesterday has been lost in New Orleans by UPS.
They think "the address label fell off" (yeah, that's always happening
to those UPS labels). And these folks think they're having a sh***y day.
:-(

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA

<snip>

Mark Bohrer
www.mountain-and-desert.com
Adventure travel and wildlife photography