RE: buying film in Italy

  • To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 21:32:18 +0100

dear oliver,

unfortunately, because florence is not very well equiped with the shops
you want. but I can recommend "ottica foto cine MB" in via ghibellina
131 rosso, it is behind the palazzo vecchio right in the centre of
florence. it is a rather small shop which caters to the last b&w people
and film users (they have 4x5 etc) but if you go to milano or bologna
you wil find much more. if you want to know where to good shops are buy
"tutti fotografi" a monthly full of publicity for the major shops around
italy. films are obviously far cheaper in the us. I cannot remember
anyone being stopped with film. according to EU relgulations you can
import upto 175 euro of goods that is more than $200 that should buy you
a lot of film at bhphoto or adorama.
best

andreas