OT: buying film in Italy

  • From: "Oliver Bryk" <oliverbryk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LEG" <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 14:15:15 -0800

I have not been to Italy in 5 years and am not current on rules for
importing 35mm film. What quantity is subject to import duty, and what is
it?
In May/June I intend to spend about a month in northern Italy. Firenze will
be the only large city on my route. What should I expect to pay for
36-exposure rolls of Agfa Optima 100 and Agfa Vista 200, respectively, in
quantities of 10 or more? Is there a preferred shop?
I shall be grateful for cogent off-line advice.
Oliver Bryk (M6)