Re: Photo laptop recommendations?

  • From: Russ Gorman <rusty57@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:50:56 -0800

MacBook Pro 15" though I prefer the MacBook 13"
On Nov 30, 2006, at 1:14 PM, Mark Bohrer wrote:

This is my month for failing equipment, sometimes from butterfingered treatment.

The display on my three-year-old Fujitsu S2010 had been displaying inconsistent color quality. Last week it fell about three feet on my foot, and the display stopped working altogether. Repair would be about $450 with a new display. I don't think it's worth it.

What recommendations do any of you have for a lightweight (no more than 5.5 pounds), 14-inch screen, at least 80GB 5400rpm, 1-2GB RAM, Vista-ready laptop for field-editing of images?

Thanks!

Mark Bohrer
Wildlife Photography on the Urban Edge
www.mountain-and-desert.com