PAW: an eye in the water...

  • From: Mark Bohrer <lurchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: paw@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 18:06:13 -0800

I have my favorite spots and so do my subjects. They don't care about the light as much as I do - they just want enough to see by so they can hunt breakfast in their usual haunts. Sometimes they get extreme when they're keeping an eye on things like this canvasback with an eye in the water:
http://www.mountain-and-desert.com/Wildlife/Birds/Duck-like/DBD-CB0046.htm

And some of them KNOW they own the place and stare you down until you leave, like this prairie falcon:
http://www.mountain-and-desert.com/Wildlife/Birds/Hawk-like/DBE-PF0068-5.htm

Some guys just have to play with their feathers, er, hair until it looks just right:
http://www.mountain-and-desert.com/Wildlife/Birds/Long-Legged/Great_Egret/DBW-GE0403-5.htm

But the bottom line is finding a bite to eat - and maybe washing it first:
http://www.mountain-and-desert.com/Wildlife/Birds/Gull-like/DBG-RG0215.htm

All comments welcome.

(All images with Canon EOS 1D mark II, 500mm f/4L IS, some with 1.4X converter, raw format, processed with ACR/Photoshop CS.)

Mark Bohrer
www.mountain-and-desert.com
Adventure travel and wildlife photography