Re: 16~160mm f2.2 Zoom lens....

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 19:45:32 -0800

Mark Bohrer wrote:

David:
Canon EOS 20D frame size is 22.5X15.0mm. 1.2 inch diameter image circle equals 30.48mm, so yes, the non-convertered image circle would cover an EOS 20D frame.

I'm guessing there'd be less vignetting unconverted too. At 50 pounds it'd be a bit challenging to carry in the field...;)

Hi Mark!

I've been studying it. There are power supplies (for the motorized aperture control) and motors to be removed, as well as a huge steel plate that serves only to mount it on the front of an RCA TK-45 Colour Camera. Getting rid of all this excess 'junk' should lighten the load by 25 pounds or so. Still, at 15 pounds I wouldn't want to pack it too far!
(At that weight, who'd notice whether the R8/20D was mounted or not?) ;-)

Unfortunately, at this stage, I'm thinking actually contemplating the DM-R with some seriousness... though I'll want to see a few user reports first. I think it's a bit bigger than the Canon 20D's sensor, but should still fit inside a 30mm image circle.

Anybody here know the size of the DM-R's sensor?

As for image quality... well, only time will tell, but it *will* be a *grand* experiment! (It's got to be as good as a Tokina!) Heck! It will be fun!

Cheers!

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm