Re: PAW 5

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 16:54:21 -0800

Tina Manley showed:
Subject: PAW 5

PAWs:
> I'm still scanning old Kodachromes. I think I like the first one better > in
B&W. What do you think?

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/39327698
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/39327702
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/39327720<<<<<<<

Hi Tina,

It's a tough call, colour or B&W? I've flipped them back and forth a dozen times and each has it's strong points. Actually when you look at one for a few moments and "read what's going on" I, as usual with people,.... "in colour we photograph their clothes. In B&W we photograph their souls." :-) Or it could be, we "see their" actions more clearly defined.

I believe even in B&W we see more of what's going on than in the colour version. I suppose it's a kind of "old timer" LIFE look of B&W. And because there's such a high mixture of colours I feel it makes the eyes roam all over from colour to colour rather than .... "B&W here's the subject bang in your face!"

Beauties all! :-)

ted