Nathan's PAW 8: Madrid

  • From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 06:31:03 +0100

Since I have been travelling the past couple of weekends, I spent this one going through lots of images from earlier in February, so in the interest of full disclosure, these pictures were taken when I was in Madrid a couple of weeks ago.

When I travel to familiar places, I try to get images that are different from the "standard" views. Here are a couple from the Royal Palace, which I hope accomplish that. First, the big area in front of the palace invites skateboarders:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_8.jpg
The palace as seen (barely) through the gate:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_8alt1.jpg

A couple says goodbye in front of the Sol metro station:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_8alt2.jpg

The last three are from what is likely the most photographed spot in Madrid, Plaza Mayor. Entering the plaza through one of the many gates:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_8alt3.jpg
One of the many artists who sell their work to tourists:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_8alt4.jpg
Leaving Plaza Mayor through a different gate:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_8alt5.jpg

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2005.html
and comments and critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands