VERY OT - Military Jokes, anecdotes etc

  • From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LeicaReflex <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:35:49 +0100

Hello everyone,
I'm at present researching a book on "humour in the face of adversity".

If anyone has any funny, strange, outright weird or just plain strange stories, jokes, anecdotes, military blunders or tall stories from any of the wars, 1st, 2nd, Nam, cold war, Gulf or from peacetime military service or links to appropriate sites then please let me know.

The same too with respect to dictatorships and similar political systems, right or left, such as the Warsaw pact,Cuba, Nazi Germany, South America, South Africa. From Colonial Empires in Asia and Africa and elsewhere.

If you think that your stories are politically un-correct, racist, sexist discriminatory or downright disgusting don't hesitate to send them too, even war criminals and dictators must have had their own kind of humour, however revolting it may have been. Sick jokes sometimes show up the worst of the situation - the worse it gets, the harder the jokes.

As this has nothing to do with anything even remotely resembling photography I would appreciate any material you may have to be sent to me off-list. at ammonite@xxxxxx

Thanks in advance
Douglas