Cold and dreary Berlin

  • From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 01:08:41 +0100

Just got back from a weekend trip to Berlin.
Around -10 C, snow, ice , sleet and filthy grey clouds, the weather was so bad ,and the going so treacherous, that we didn't manage to get to the better known parts of town this time.
I only managed to run off a couple of dull and dreary shots before disappearing into the next cafe for a Glühwein and to warm my feet.
Taken with (mostly) Leica 21/4 Super Angulon on Canon 20D, a couple with an EF 28-135 IS zoom on a 300D(eg the bear).

Hope somebody likes them, comments and criticism are more than welcome.
Cheers from Hannover.
Douglas
I'm not sure which one of these works best (if at all)
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80362.html
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80363.html

The weather not fit to send a dog out in, well this young lady did and went along too.
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80365.html

Looking forward to seeing this colossal tree again in summer
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80366.html

Another piece of the Anti Fascist Barrier, it was never located anywhere near here, bits of it turn up all over the place and tend to look a lot more harmless
than they ever were - the graffiti is original West German from the original location, if you find some on the other side of the wall it's post re-unification stuff.
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80367.html

Berlin is changing from day to day, there is so much new stuff being built that the town will soon be unrecognisable. The towered building is one of the new government buildings.
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80368.html

The symbol of Berlin - Bear sculpture on the Moabit Brücke
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80369.html

A truly east German bird, although Berlin is only 90 minutes from here on the train these birds are never seen around Hannover.
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80370.html