Re: IMG: Week 38 (ric)

  • From: Mark Bohrer <lurchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:16:17 -0700

Ric:
Comparing resuklts between the 50mm f/1 Noctilux and 35mm f/1.2 Nokton wide open, looks like the 50mm f/1 Nocti in image 38-99cent.jpg.html suppressed the possible flare from the light very well. The 35mm f/1.2 Nokton did not do well in image 38-silvermoon.jpg.html - the red flare is pretty apparent in the lower foreground.

Both are good images - well-composed street shots with good color to draw me in, then make me think about what's going on.

Mark Bohrer
www.mountain-and-desert.com
Wildlife on the urban edge

Ric Carter wrote:

Got a couple of hours last week to shoot urban landscapes and night folk in Winston-Salem, NC. Yes, it's where the cigarettes got their names. We won't talk about the table of tracheostomy patients I sat next to at a hotel happy hour there one night.

The Noctilux and Nokton really can record things (handheld) that you cannot see with your eye. This lady was minding a late night urban grocery. I could hardly make out facial details.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-99cent.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/4d7cdo

Last customer in the diner.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-diner.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/52ardg

Customers outside the Silvermoon Saloon. This is the Nokton 35/1.2 wide open.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-silvermoon.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/4btk36

Helping close Mom's shop.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-windowwasher.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/4982f3

I really do enjoy the mixed light of late night cities. I've got to try HDR on this stuff.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-mainst.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/47nxdq

Railroad alley between tobacco factories.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-tracksB.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/3lnxqx

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/