Re: IMG: Week 38 (ric)

  • From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 23:30:38 -0700

Ric: I'm really enjoying these. My own 35/1.2 Nokton just got back from Photovillage, where the back guard was replaced so it can focus to infinity on the M8. None too soon, as there will soon be plenty of available darkness up here. I know what you mean about these fast lenses capturing details where you can't see--I keep marveling at that myself.

The 35/1.2 Nokton is becoming a real favorite of mine. Not just because it's fast, but because it combines speed and clarity with a bit of classic lens "look." Definitely a lens with an "it" quality.

--Peter

At 02:01 AM 9/24/2008 -0400, you wrote:
The Noctilux and Nokton really can record things (handheld) that you
cannot see with your eye. This lady was minding a late night urban
grocery. I could hardly make out facial details.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-99cent.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/4d7cdo

Last customer in the diner.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-diner.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/52ardg

Customers outside the Silvermoon Saloon. This is the Nokton 35/1.2
wide open.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-silvermoon.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/4btk36