IMG: Week 38 (ric)

  • From: Ric Carter <ricc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 22:53:29 -0400

Thanks for looking. Week 38's offerings:

We got a new sign at work this week. A truck took the old one out months ago in a multi-vehicle crash. It's my first piece of design that is writ in stone;^) I'll send a shot when the ground is sculpted. Here they are setting it.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-sign.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/4zl3yq

Fishing family on the Pamlico River at the foot of the Highway 17 bridge in Washington, NC. Late summer sunset.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-fishing.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/4zl3yq

Shot out the car window while passing.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-tacos.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/4ruf9k

Got a couple of hours last week to shoot urban landscapes and night folk in Winston-Salem, NC. Yes, it's where the cigarettes got their names. We won't talk about the table of tracheostomy patients I sat next to at a hotel happy hour there one night.

The Noctilux and Nokton really can record things (handheld) that you cannot see with your eye. This lady was minding a late night urban grocery. I could hardly make out facial details.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-99cent.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/4d7cdo

Last customer in the diner.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-diner.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/52ardg

Customers outside the Silvermoon Saloon. This is the Nokton 35/1.2 wide open.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-silvermoon.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/4btk36

Helping close Mom's shop.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-windowwasher.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/4982f3

I really do enjoy the mixed light of late night cities. I've got to try HDR on this stuff.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-mainst.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/47nxdq

Railroad alley between tobacco factories.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/38/38-tracksB.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/3lnxqx

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/