[lcfbtech] Re: attachments in protected mode

  • From: lucia greco <lucy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lcfbtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 12:20:21 -0800

hello:
 when you open a word document that is in protected view it is because
Microsoft is trying to protect you from   downloading harmful files if
you want to open these files because you trust the sender you should
use the f6 key until your screen reader says something like this file
was downloaded and may be unsafe then tab to the button that says
enable editing. if you mean that the file is a protected form. that is
more complicated. the file needs to have a lot done to it before you
can use it properly with your screen reader. the author needs to add
the information about the field names in the write place for the
screen reader to see the labels and read them to you. and when it
comes to pdf files the only trick i know is open your acrobat reader
with out a document and go in to the  access settings and set the
large documents size to less then 10 pages. the default is 50 pages
and some times this works the computer so hard the screen reader dys
i can't tell you wair to find the settings as in every vertion of
acrobat it changes  i hope some of this helps lucy