[lcfbtech] Re: attachments in protected mode

  • From: Scott Blanks <scott_blanks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lcfbtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lcfbtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 03:19:03 -0600

Dazell,

Can you tell us more about the attachments? Are you able to open them at all?
Do you get a message when you try to open them? If so, what is the message?
Regarding pdf, Jaws does occasionally freeze up, or become temporarily
unresponsive when opening these documents, especially if they are very large
files. Sometimes patience is the best approach. Give it another minute if you
find that jaws stops talking. Occasionally, alt tabbing between the pdf file
and other programs will yield a response from Jaws. I have also found that
insert escape will snap Jaws out of its temporary haze.

Scott Blanks
Director of Rehabilitation Services
Lions Center for the Blind
Ph: 510-450-1580 Ext. 263