[lastexodus] Re: More Questions...

  • From: "William A. Peterson" <WillyPete@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lastexodus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 19:06:07 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lowell carson" <llc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <lastexodus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 4:48 PM
Subject: [lastexodus] Re: More Questions...

> I was thinking a little more about this idea and something came to mind.
Coils are Ahriman's 'gift' to allow souls to >survive in the environment of
earth.  Therefore, it seems to make sense that any soul which managed to
throw off its >coil while still on earth, even using a Miracle, would find
the experience... unpleasant.

            Interesting.  I know my GM (who was doing more 'home-brew'
anyways) brought in the concept of 'disturbance', from In Nomine.  You could
shift into Deiform, at any time, with no problem... but any Scion within a
radius of something like 'Spiritual' in kilometers KNEW that you had done
so, and could track you by the disturbance alone...
And, shice Ahriman's Scions were 'highly placed' in Earth's governments, ALL
sorts of Police started showing up to arrest the 'terrorist mastermind' that
my character soon became!
It's a little depressing to do things that way, but it certainly makes for a
much more 'action-packed' session than requiring a Miracle...
{perhaps too much so!}

> How long the deiform could be maintained and how debilitating this might
be are important questions, but I still >think that, in the right
circumstances, this could be a very useful miracle to have and I would use
it as a house rule.

> > According to what Sean said, manifesting as a deiform on earth is,
officially, a lost art, but I like the idea it as a >>miracle, open to all
scions, perhaps as a house-rule.  Briefly manifesting as a deiform, even
without access to >>deiform powers, would be an awe-inspiring feat (except
for the Enlightened).

            And, as I mentioned before, if it takes a Miracle to do anything
on Earth, it makes the Enlightened seem rather pointless... or am I missing
something really obvious?

Good Luck,
William A. Peterson
willypete@xxxxxxxxxxxx
"In the end, after having exhausted all other possible
options, you can trust that the Americans will do the right
thing." - Winston Churchill