[korgypark] Re: midi control prob

  • From: Janne Simonen <janne.simonen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:43:33 +0200

On Thursday 07 March 2002 03:25, you wrote:
> I need to set up a combination or program that will allow me to play
> the keyboard live to send midi messages on channel 11 on the upper keys
> and another channel on the lower keys.  Is this possible on an X5D?

I think you can do this with combis - as far as I remember each program
in a combi has a parameter that sets the midi channel for it. If this is
a case, you could just take a combi that already has a split keyboard
(bass & piano for example) and then just set the piano on channel 11 and
the bass on another channel. I don't have my manual here at work so I
can't check out whether I'm right or not, but just flick through the
combi parameters in edit mode and you'll quickly see if the midi channel
parameters are there.

The other way is of course to route your midi data through a sequencer
and use it to map a certain range of notes to one midi channel and the
rest to some other channel. I know I could do this with a 15 year old
Amiga and a Bars&Pipes sequencer, so I'm confident that modern PC/Mac
sequencers can handle it :)

Good luck!

- Janne - webmaster of Korgy Park