[korgypark] bank select problem

  • From: "Andy Ebling" <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:58:08 -0000

I'm having trouble using my X5D with Band-In-A-Box 12 (BIAB from here on!).
I have the X5D connected to my computer via a normal MIDI connection (via my
M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card).

I put the X5D into multi-mode, load up a song in BIAB and hit play, but all
the wrong sounds are setup.  Instead of selecting the general midi sounds,
its using sounds from the "A" bank instead.

If I go to page 23A on the X5D and do a GM reset, then restart the song in
BIAB, everything is fine - but obviously its a pain to do this every time
you load a new song.

In the help file for the preferences screen, it says there is an option call
"use MSB for bank changes", but this does not seem to exist in the BIAB
preferences dialog.

In the BIAB MIDI driver setup screen, I have tried "Korg General MIDI",
"Korg X5" and "General MIDI Instrument Misc" in the Synthesizer/Sound Card
selection box.  I have the "GM2 support" set to "No GM2 support".

Is there a setting on the X5D that I am missing to make this all work
properly?

Anyone got any other ideas?

thanks,

Andy